9.11.2010

Long Times...

I know, I know. It has been a long time since I have written on here. To be honest, I haven't really written anything, or done anything besides work my life away, away into this slump that I seem to be feeling right now. Anyhow!

I have been narrowing down what  I should do with my Bachelors degree. I am going to have an extension of accounting (crazy, but I am avoiding a math class that I don't want, also by taking sociology and history haha). I am concentrating in Resort Management with Food and Beverage. I think that they both fit perfect together! My advisor didn't say much other than to talk to the other advisor who knows more about concentrations. SO after class on Monday I will be declaring what I just wrote, and I should be graduating in Feb of 2012. I have thought about pushing it to Nov of 2011, but I just, get uneasy feelings, but that I get this crazy insane ideas that I can do it. If only I wasn't working. I guess I can wait 11 weeks longer, right? Just hope I don't fall off the ban wagon! haha.

I am no longer working in the Banquet kitchen at the Sheraton. They had to move me because of my class schedule. I should feel humble that they are willing to work with me and put me on the schedule. I do. Sometimes it is just hard to get up at 3:50 in the morning, after waking up so much during the night. I have to keep going, I need to feel the satisfaction after all this hard work.

Today I have to admit, doing over medium, easy and many other eggs, I did very well. I did not break any yokes! Woo! I never want to lose that skill ever again. It is frustrating to try to learn something again, that you knew you could do just a simple year ago! So, my goal is to never let go of anything, or anymore of my talents that I have been blessed with! I was talking with my Exec. Chef today about the breakfast menu and how it really needed some help. We should had some dishes that guests would be "wowed" by. Even if they don't order them, at least we tried. That is something that they will remember! I recently went to Snooze (A breakfast place in Co.) Anyhow, the food there was just amazing! Even though the wait was about an hour to just get in, the food totally made up for it! (maybe they make us wait, so we get so starving that anything would taste good?) NO!!! I will assure you that the pancakes were like nothing I have ever eaten before. It was like heaven touched my lips, warmed my mouth, and slid nice and smooth down my throat. No pun intended! ha. Anyhow who has not gone to this place and is in the Denver area, you need to go! You will instantly fall in love. I am talking about the caramel bacon sauce that is just delightful. I am wanting to go right now. Too bad that they are closed.

To my point. I have been totally on this Nutella craze. Not even kidding. ha. I absolutely find it delightful on toast. Not to mention I think it tickles my chocolate love. haha. I told my Chef that we need to have like crepes on our menu. Ladies and gentlemen, I am not talking your normal average crepes. I am talking, lets add some triple sec to the batter! Add orange peel! Have a Nutella filling, like a Nutella chocolate cherry glaze? Eh? SO. He told me to toss him my ideas (though I am worried of him claiming that he came up with them) and that we could possibly incorporate them into the menu! SWEEEEET! I also had the thought of very vanilla bean pancakes. We need a new batter. Ours just isn't nice and fluffy and they are bland. I noticed when I had my pancakes at Snooze, they had flavor and their syrup (bacon caramel) just blew them out of the ballpark and right into my dreams.

Point of this post. As my Chef said and I will quote him directly (just to use his words... haha) "People didn't know some shit tasted bad if they didn't experiment, Katie I want you to learn and have fun with this". I love him, like as my boss. He has had some rough months.. which I don't know if I should post.. but he has taught me sooo much. He also said "mmmm Sprinkles" haha. I also told him we needed to add compotes to the buffet. It needs life, like we all do, this one just needs something... AIR. I will bring it to life, as I hope it returns the feeling to my life.

P.s. The food service industry is at 9% for worldwide employment. That is 2nd. The Govt. is #1.

Dear Blank,

I am sticking it to you by that last sentence. I will conquer, 50% + women own restaurants and are in the leading knowledge over men. (aka higher positions). I will succeed in this industry, I will be sending you suckers to suck on. :) Love ya though.

No comments:

Post a Comment